Thursday, April 23, 2015

Because I am Strong

It is said that we aren’t given more than we can bear and everything happens for a reason. This week has been one of those that makes me ask both how much and why. I have lived with chronic pain since I was 10 years old. I have had two strokes and open heart surgery. I have Fibromyalgia, Lupus, Asthma, COPD, Diastolic Heart Failure, Arthritis and more -- enough medical problems to fill a textbook. I have known heartbreak, heartache and loss. I have loved deeply, and I have been rejected. 

But it hit me this morning. I am strong. There are days when I deal with more pain than some can survive for more than a few moments. There are times when the fatigue overwhelms me to the point that my knees buckle, and I fall to the ground. Yes, it can knock me flat on my ass, sometimes for a day, or two, or five. But I get up. I get up, and I go on. 

I have a wonderful, supportive family. I have raised two incredible sons. I am blessed with a beautiful daughter-in-law and another lovely young lady I consider to be one as well. I even have grandcats!  

I have good and true friends. I had a career that others envied. I am a published author. I am talented, artistic, intelligent, imaginative and so much more. 

I have learned from my life and its experiences, and I will use that knowledge to help others. 

I had dreams.  I have dreams. I will dream.

I can handle this.

I will survive this.

Because I am Strong.





No comments:

Post a Comment